Grab your designer swimsuit and get ready to swim, surf, paddle and sail—Hamptons-style!
With extravagant estates, manicured lawns, and mega-yachts, the Hamptons are sometimes overlooked as a party destination for the rich and famous. But the area’s windswept dunes, ancient elms, historic windmills, picturesque sights, stunning waters, and vibrant art scene truly have more to offer. Hamptons yacht charters are easier to access than ever to experience the best of this area! Check the Hamptons calendar of events for a full list of upcoming festival dates and summer cocktail parties.
East Hampton is heralded for its beautiful beaches, cool Atlantic breezes, and fine dining. Much of East Hampton’s early architecture and landscape remains as preserved as it was during the 18th century. But before you sign up for the next tour of celebrity mansions, consider these Hamptons water-inspired activities guaranteed to deliver a splashing good time.
Flyboard in Sag Harbor
Ever dreamt of soaring 40 feet above Cedar Point Park with a 210-horsepower engine strapped beneath your feet? Enjoy an adrenaline-pumping ride to the sky as you spin and dive (or just coast) above the water with your choice of Hamptons yacht charters
Downward Dog on Board
Yoga is a popular activity in the Hamptons and many classes are taught on stand-up paddle boards (SUP). For an experience that is sure to transform your body and mind, get out on the water and try a yoga SUP lesson. If you’re not quite ready for floating downward dog, start with a classic SUP session and get your feet wet.
Kayak, Canoe & Surf
Many protected waterways, including Cold Spring Pond and Peconic Bay, offer windsurfers, kayakers, and kiteboarders the perfect opportunity to get out on the water. Paddling provides ideal conditions for sightseeing and nature exploring. Grab a sandwich and iced coffee and discover the beauty of the waterways along the harbor, or head to Ditch Plains in Montauk for a fun-filled day of surfing.
The waters around Shelter Island are also perfect for paddling. Set out on a canoe or kayak and explore on your own, or take a guided tour. Rich with birds and other wildlife, The Mashomack Nature Preserve, is a favorited destination among kayakers. Kiteboards, paddleboards, canoes and kayaks are all available for rent by the hour.
Float in a Seawater Pool
Enjoy a relaxing afternoon floating in the ocean-fed seawater pool at Gurney’s Montauk Resort. North America’s only seawater swimming pool features stunning beach views, Russian steam rooms, Roman baths, and a Finnish rock sauna. The healing waters will transport you to faraway lands as your worries drift away.
Spend a day at the beach
No trip to The Hamptons is complete without a visit to the beach. Whether you’re looking to spend a relaxing weekend in the sun, or take a sunset stroll on the sand, these pristine beaches are an essential part of any Hampton’s getaway.
- Main Beach epitomizes the laid back vibe of the Hamptons. Main Beach is perfect for swimming or just lounging on the sand. Amenities include a snack bar, but local sun worshippers are known to picnic on gourmet takeout. Designer swimsuits and celebrity-style sunglasses are mandatory.
- Ditch Plains Beach in Montauk is popular among surfers. Although the surface area is comparatively small, the waves provide the best opportunity for surfing in the region. Non-surfing swimmers and beachgoers appreciate Ditch Plains just as well. The waves and picturesque views of the steep rocky cliffs attract locals and tourist alike.
- Sagg Main Beach lies right in the heart the Hamptons. This family-friendly beach is excellent for strolling, lounging, and enjoying the calm waves. Grab a sandwich at the popular Sagaponack General Store located nearby, and curl up on the shore with your favorite summer read.
- Indian Wells Beach is the perfect spot for a day out with the family. Designated as an ecological reserve, the Nature Conservancy’s Atlantic Double Dunes offer an excellent opportunity to teach kids about the importance of nature preservation.
- Coopers Beach is a consistently popular beach and a local favorite. Amenities include chair and umbrella rentals, restrooms and showers, as well as concession stands.
Hamptons yacht charters and sailboat rentals:
Dreaming of sailing in the Hamptons? A variety of sailing options and lessons for every skill level are available allowing you to customize your trip and do as much (or as little) as you’d like.
Enjoy a romantic sunset sail, including snacks, music and champagne, or register for a private lesson and learn how to navigate your own vessel. Party boats, ideal for large groups and families, are also available.
Reserve your Hamptons boating adventure today!
Boatsetter has fleets of boats available to help you embark on your Hamptons adventure. With a variety of boating and sailing options, Boatsetter has you covered. Whether you’re looking for a romantic sunset sail, a party boat, or a luxury yacht to cruise around the harbor, Boatsetter has everything you need to experience the Hamptons in style. Reserve today, then pack your designer swimsuit and get ready to experience the Hamptons like a local!